Current Opening - Civil / Coastal / Water Resources Engineer
BayLand is seeking a Civil / Coastal / Water Resources Engineer with 3 to 5 years of experience to join our team in support of a growing workload in marine infrastructure and coastal restoration projects. The work will focus on planning, permitting, design and construction management for a variety of water access facility, boating infrastructure, shoreline protection, habitat creation, coastal resiliency, dredging and dredged material management projects.
The ideal candidate will work directly for Professional Engineers and Project Managers and will have primary engineering design, coordination and review responsibilities for assigned projects. A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they are: an organized and motivated individual with strong communication skills; possess and eye for detail; can work collaboratively with other team members; and can become responsible for independently completing assigned engineering tasks with minimal oversight.
The candidate should also be able to demonstrate experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and have previous relevant design experience. Coursework in coastal engineering and modeling will be considered relevant design experience. The candidate must be able to prepare civil/site designs and prepare and obtain grading and local permit approvals for all construction documents.
- B.S. in Civil, Coastal or Water Resources Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written with clients, regulators, public officials and team members
- Ability and desire to participate in field work
- Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain license within 1 year
- Experience in design and construction of marine infrastructure and shoreline protection projects
- Exposure to Coastal Engineering Design & Analysis Systems (CEDAS) modeling software
- Knowledge of Maryland stormwater management design guidelines and erosion and sediment control methods and practices
- Experience in construction management and inspection
About BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc.
BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc. (BayLand) is a growing and progressive civil engineering and environmental services firm that specializes in projects at the land-water interface. We are a team of planners, engineers and scientists that provides life cycle planning, permitting, design, construction management and environmental monitoring services for a variety of public and private clientele. The work atmosphere is team-oriented, providing exposure to all elements of project development. Our project committed culture will put you in the middle of our assessments, designs and construction along with experienced staff and managing partners. We learn and move quickly to put our water resource and capital improvement projects in the ground.
Our company offers competitive salary; flextime; paid personal, sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; performance bonuses; health benefits; 401k and profit sharing.
If interested, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume. Visit our website at http://www.baylandinc.com for more company information or for our direct email address.