Current Opening - Civil Engineering / Water Resources Engineer (Entry Level)
BayLand is seeking an entry level Civil / Water Resources Engineer with 0 to 2 years of experience to join our team in support of a growing workload in marine infrastructure and coastal restoration projects. The work will focus on surveying, permitting, design and construction management for a variety of water access facility, boating infrastructure, shoreline protection, habitat creation, coastal resiliency, dredging and dredged material management projects.
The ideal candidate will work directly for Professional Engineers and Project Managers and will provide engineering support to the design team in both field and office assignments. Tasks assigned to this position are selected to rapidly expand engineering experience and establish solid foundation for becoming a Professional Engineer. A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they are: an organized and motivated individual with strong communication skills; possess an eye for detail; can work collaboratively with other team members; and can become responsible for independently completing assigned engineering tasks with minimal oversight.
The candidate should be familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D and be able to quickly become proficient in preparing civil/site designs and preparation of construction documents. The candidate should also have exposure to performing technical work in the field and be able to support our field crews in performing hydrographic surveys and geotechnical investigations. Coursework in AutoCAD Civil 3D and surveying will be considered relevant experience.
- BS in Civil, Coastal or Water Resources Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability and desire to participate in field work
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written with clients, regulators, public officials and team members
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate
- Familiarity with design and construction of marine infrastructure and shoreline protection projects
- Exposure to Coastal Engineering Design & Analysis Systems (CEDAS) modeling software
- Knowledge of Maryland stormwater management design guidelines and erosion and sediment control methods and practices
- Exposure to hydrographic and topographic surveying
About BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc.
BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc. (BayLand) is a growing and progressive civil engineering and environmental services firm that specializes in projects at the land-water interface. We are a team of planners, engineers and scientists that provides life cycle planning, permitting, design, construction management and environmental monitoring services for a variety of public and private clientele. The work atmosphere is team-oriented, providing exposure to all elements of project development. Our project committed culture will put you in the middle of our assessments, designs and construction along with experienced staff and managing partners. We learn and move quickly to put our water resource and capital improvement projects in the ground.
Our company offers competitive salary; flextime; paid personal, sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; performance bonuses; health benefits; 401k and profit sharing.
If interested, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume. Visit our website at http://www.baylandinc.com for more company information or for our direct email address.