Current Opening - Water Resources Engineer - Entry Level
BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc. (BayLand) is seeking an entry level Civil/Water Resources engineer with 0 to 2 years engineering experience to support a growing workload in a diverse number of water resource and capital improvement projects. These projects include stormwater management, stream restoration, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, wetland creation, shoreline erosion control, dredging and marine facilities projects.
The ideal candidate will work directly for Professional Engineers and Project Managers and will work on exciting and engaging projects of varying size and scope. Tasks assigned to this position are selected to expand engineering experience as rapidly as possible. A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate they are: an organized and motivated individual with strong communication skills; possess an eye for detail; can work collaboratively with other team members; and can become responsible for independently completing assigned engineering design tasks with minimal oversight.
The candidate should also be familiar with AutoCAD (Civil 3D preferred) and have exposure to hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software. Coursework in hydrology and hydraulics will be considered in lieu of modeling experience.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written with clients, regulators, public officials and team members
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability and desire to participate in field work
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Registered as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT)
- Knowledge of survey data collection and processing
- Exposure to hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software such as TR-20, TR-55, and/or HEC-RAS
- Knowledge of Maryland stormwater management design guidelines and erosion and sediment control methods and practices
- Familiarity with Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Exposure to stream restoration, dredging and/or shoreline protection projects
About BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc.
BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc. is a growing and progressive civil engineering and environmental services firm that specializes in projects at the land-water interface. We are a team of planners, engineers and scientists that provides life cycle planning, permitting, design, construction management and environmental monitoring services for a variety of public and private clientele. Our project committed culture will put you in the middle of our assessments, designs, and construction along with experienced staff and managing partners. We learn and move quickly to put our water resource and capital improvement projects in the ground.
Our company offers competitive salary; flextime; paid personal, sick, and vacation leave; paid holidays; performance bonuses; health benefits; 401k and profit sharing. If interested, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.