Current Opening - Environmental Scientist
BayLand is seeking an entry level Environmental Scientist to join our ecological restoration team to assist in conducting Natural Resource Inventories/Forest Stand Delineations. The ideal candidate will support a growing workload of water resource and ecological restoration projects. Responsibilities include wetland delineations in accordance with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) procedures, plant community surveys and descriptions, coordination with resource protection agencies including the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE), Critical Area Commission (CAC), Maryland Historical Trust (MHT), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR). Typical duties include GIS imagery/data acquisition and management; preparation of a diverse range of maps using ArcGIS and AutoCAD; preparation of high quality graphics for project reports; environmental planning and permitting.
Candidate must be an organized and motivated individual with technical writing capabilities, strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively with scientists and engineers. The candidate should have knowledge and/or experience in wetland and forest stand delineation, plant identification in the Mid-Atlantic region as well as a basic understanding of soils and soil processes.
- B.S. in Environmental Science
- 1-3 years working experience
- Experience and ability to execute wetland and forest stand delineations and related reports independently
- Ability to service multiple projects and multiple in-house technical personnel
- Experience in delivering high quality professional deliverables and exhibits
- Experience with GPS operations, mapping and data management
- Non-tidal wetlands permitting experience on stream and ecological restoration projects
- Familiarity working with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with geomorphic assessments, stream and wetland restoration design
- Familiarity with restoration monitoring procedures to assess functional uplift
- Ability to establish and execute high GIS map making standards
About BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc.
BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc. is a growing and progressive civil engineering and environmental services firm that specializes in projects at the land-water interface. We are a team of planners, engineers and scientists that provides life cycle planning, permitting, design, construction management and environmental monitoring services for a variety of public and private clientele. Our project committed culture will put you in the middle of our assessments, designs, and construction along with experienced staff and managing partners. We learn and move quickly to put our water resource and capital improvement projects in the ground.
Our company offers competitive salary; flextime; paid personal, sick, and vacation leave; paid holidays; performance bonuses; health benefits; 401k and profit sharing. If interested, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.