Current Opening - Water Resources Engineer
BayLand is seeking a Civil/Water Resources Engineer with 3 to 5 years of experience to join our multi-disciplinary ecological restoration team and support a growing workload in a diverse number of water resource and capital improvement projects. The work will focus on stream and ecological restoration projects, as well as stormwater management design. Typical duties will include hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) modeling, geomorphic assessments, preparation of reports, plans and specifications, and erosion and sediment control permitting and design.
The ideal candidate will work directly for Project Managers and have primary engineering design, coordination and review responsibilities for assigned projects. A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they: are an organized and motivated individual with strong communication skills; possess an eye for detail; can think critically; can work collaboratively with other team members; and can be responsible for independently completing engineering design tasks with minimal oversight.
The candidate should also be able to demonstrate a strong familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D and H&H modeling software. Coursework in hydrology, open channel flow, sediment transport, and/or fluvial geomorphology is preferred. Stream restoration short courses are also helpful, but not necessary.
- B.S. in Water Resources/Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Strong technical writing skills
- Proficient with TR-20, HEC-RAS or other H&H modeling software
- Demonstrable knowledge of geomorphic assessments
- Familiarity with Geomorphic Information System (GIS) software
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written with clients, regulators, public officials and BayLand team members
- Ability to participate in field work
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, or ability to obtain PE license within one year
- Knowledge of survey data collection and processing
- Completion of stream restoration short courses if not formally trained
- Exposure to stream restoration, dredging and/or shoreline protection projects
About BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc.
BayLand Consultants & Designers, Inc. is a growing and progressive civil engineering and environmental services firm that specializes in projects at the land-water interface. We are a team of planners, engineers and scientists that provides life cycle planning, permitting, design, construction management and environmental monitoring services for a variety of public and private clientele. Our project committed culture will put you in the middle of our assessments, designs, and construction along with experienced staff and managing partners. We learn and move quickly to put our water resource and capital improvement projects in the ground.
Our company offers competitive salary; flextime; paid personal, sick, and vacation leave; paid holidays; performance bonuses; health benefits; 401k and profit sharing. If interested, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.